NEW: Snagit 12 - The screen capture and screenshot software solution
Give the print key more power with the Snagit screenshot tool solution...
Capture illustrations, text and print output directly from Windows PCs with Snagit's award-winning user interface easily and effortlessly. Edit screenshots directly with the integrated Snagit Editor.
Whether you want to scan regions of your screen, the complete screen, or even texts on your screen, or pictures from a website, the Snagit screenshot tool is your #1 solution to get it done.
- Withthe many options provided by Snagit, this product easily dominates themarket of snapshop, screenshot, and screen capture tools.
- Thanksto the intuitive user interface, Snagit is extremely easy to use. Thescreenshot software makes it easy for you to capture data, whether it is apart of the screen, or the entire screen.
- But if you think that Snagit can only capture your screen as an image, you are wrong. With Snagit you can actually capture text or all pictures on a website, and much more.
- While capturing text, for instance, you can collect all file names in a directory in Windows Explorer as a text file. Should this directory contain so many file names that scrolling would be necessary to see all of them, you can use Snagit’s scrolling feature, so that the Snagit screenshot tool scrolls through the Explorer window automatically, and captures all text information like file name, file size, file date, and file type in text format. The captured text can then be edited in Snagit, just as if you had entered it by hand. Then, save the document as a text file, or copy the contents into an MS Word document for further editing.
Improved screen capture profiles and new picture effects make it even easier for Snagit users to create better screenshots, and to edit them effortlessly and professionally to share them with other people, colleagues, staff, etc.
The top features in Snagit
Create versatile screenshots with the All-in-One Capture feature
Capturing your screen has become even easier with the new All-in-One Capture feature of Snagit! With the new capture profiles you can capture your entire screen, a portion of it, or even a scrolling window.
The Snagit Screen Capture Capabilities
Combined, Snagit enables the following screenshot variations...
Capture portions of the screen: Drag the mouse cursor above the area of the screen that you want to capture.
Capture a window: Move the mouse cursor onto a toolbar, for instance, and Snagit will automatically recognize that area and what belongs to it, and will only capture that area
Capture a website while leaving hyperlinks intact: This works just like described above, with the difference that all hyperlinks found on the website remain intact. The entire website screenshot can still be opened in a web browser, and hyperlinks are clickable as if you were navigating the original website.
Capture a scrolling website into a PDF: For instance, Snagit scrolls through the entire web page or a Word document, and saves the data captured into a PDF document.
Menu with delayed activation: This is the ideal feature if your intention is to execute a certain command via toolbar and menu, for use in training material or a presentation.
Snagit waits a few seconds until it captures the screen so that you have sufficient time to execute the command (e.g. Insert / Image / From file in MS Word) via the menu.
Once you have 'pulled out' the respective command from the menu, you just wait for the Snagit countdown, after which you get the perfect snapshot of the complete menu command, but without distracting background like text in MS Word etc., which is ideal for the creation of software documentation and training materials.
Pictures from websites: Instruct Snagit which website it should scan for pictures, as well as the link depth, and Snagit will automatically find all pictures on the desired website.
Capture formatted text
The new Snagit is also perfect for checking text, or for making quick changes. With Snagit you capture text directly from websites like OCR software. Snagit then adopts the original text formatting, and you can make changes to your liking, like changing font, font size, and font color.
Improved video capture
The video capture feature in Snagit has been improved a lot. You can now record videos in MP4 format to quickly demonstrate something. You can then upload the final video clips to YouTube, Facebook, or other platforms right away.
The Snagit Editor
As soon as you have created a screenshot, the Snagit Editor opens and provides a variety of image editing options.
You can crop the image; add text, speech bubbles, arrows, stamps, and much more. The editor also provides an option to draw your own graphic objects that can then be saved to Snagit and used with other images.
The editor also provides options for rotating, trimming or resizing images. So-called hotspots can also be added. That way, it is possible, for instance, to link a button to a URL to open a website.You can then save the final product in a common image format (jpg, png, gif, bmp), or send it via email, upload it to YouTube or Screencast, or send it to Camtasia Studio or MS Office.
Share screen captures
With the new Snagit you can upload your screenshots directly to Screencast.com or YouTube. Screencast.com is a new free hosting service that is fully integrated into Snagit, and makes it easy to share your screenshots with others. With this service you can, for instance, share your pictures via email with an embedded code, a URL, and a clickable thumbnail.In addition, it is possible to send the image to MS PowerPoint, MS Office, TechSmith Camtasia Studio, Facebook, Twitter, or others, or send it via email.
More Snagit features
With the improved transparency mode you can now also capture rounded corners in Windows windows, without annoying background artifact. There are also new custom shapes. That way, you only see the original background of the captured window, documents, slides, or website.
Magnifying glass feature
With the new, enlarged cross-hair, it is now even easier in Snagit to select regions with pixel precision.
That way you can create screenshots like under a microscope!
The new Snagit automatically detects whether you are scrolling a website, and automatically creates a screenshot of the scrolled website without defining anything in Snagit manually. The scrolling feature has been notably improved, and it is now also possible to make horizontal scroll captures in addition to the vertical ones.
Remove unwanted areas
With Snagit you can effortlessly remove unwanted vertical and horizontal areas in a screenshot. With Snagit Editor you can easily add a background to the newly created space, or make the area transparent.
With the new page corner effect in Snagit, which looks like a corner of your picture is folded back, you can capture even more attention with your screenshots.
Versatile zoom options
Snagit comes with a new, automatic zoom feature. That way, screenshots are always perfectly fitted on the Snagit Editor canvas.
Customers' dreams come true
Multiple color combinations
You don't like the background you remember from Snagit 9? With the new Snagit, you can now select your own background color for the Snagit editor. Whether you want silver or blue, you can decide what it should look like, or you simply leave the black background – it's up to you!
Speech bubbles often belong to a picture's description and can be quite funny. With the new Snagit you can rotate these speech bubbles freely.
Some users of Snagit 8 probably still remember the custom trim feature. Due to repeated customer requests, this feature has been reintroduced into Snagit. You can now once again trim your pictures pixel by pixel, from the left or the right, or from the top or the bottom of a picture.
Snagit System Requirements
For the best experience while using Snagit, you'll need:
- Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7
- Internet Explorer 6 or later required.
- 90 MHz processor (400 MHz recommended)
- 16 MB of RAM (64 MB recommended)
- 20 MB of free hard disk space (30 MB for CDROM installations due to video tutorials)
- Snagit add-ins for Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook works with Office 2000, Office XP or later.
- Snagit add-in for Microsoft Internet Explorer works with Internet Explorer 5.0 or later.
- Snagit plug-in for Adobe FrameMaker works with FrameMaker version 5.5 or later.
- Snagit Instant Messenger output requires either Windows Messenger 4.7 or later.
- Snagit requires Active Accessibility 2.0 to capture links from web pages.
- Snagit Stamps requires Snagit 6.3 or later.
CAMTASIA, CAMTASIA STUDIO, SNAGIT AND TECHSMITH, ARE MARKS OF TECHSMITH CORPORATION, REGISTERED IN THE U.S. AND OTHER COUNTRIES.